Information about the course
Field of study:Materials Engineering
Level of studies:second-cycle studies
Mode of study:Full-time studies
Date of commencement of studies:February 2021
Faculty:Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Ship Technology
Level of qualification according to the European and national qualifications frameworks:full qualification at the 7th level of the Polish Qualifications Framework
Professional title obtained by the graduate:Master of Science in Engineering
Learning profile:general academic profile
Number of semesters:
Number of ECTS credits:
- 32 - Field of study: Materials Engineering
- 98 - Specialization: Engineering of Functional Materials
Obtaining the learning outcomes and the required number of ECTS points specified in the education program, submitting and obtaining a positive grade for the diploma thesis and passing the diploma examination.
Graduate profile and further learning opportunities:
After graduation, the graduate will have:
- extended general knowledge of the physics of materials and material technologies;
- general knowledge of various types of engineering materials, polymers, and material modeling;
- general knowledge about the latest achievements in materials engineering;
- in-depth detailed knowledge in areas corresponding to the profiles of individual specialties;
- basic knowledge of quality assessment;
- the ability to analyse the most important physicochemical processes and phenomena for the studied problems;
- ability to design devices and measuring stations;
- the ability to solve problems related to the production, shaping, application and testing of materials corresponding to the profiles of individual specialties;
- the ability to popularize the achievements of science and technology.
A graduate of materials engineering is prepared to work, among others:
- in research laboratories and production departments of work establishments;
- in quality assurance and control departments;
- in design offices;
- in research institutes and laboratories;
- secondary education (after obtaining additional teaching qualifications);
- intermediary companies in the transfer of materials and technologies.
A graduate of materials engineering may also undertake third-cycle studies.