Information about the course
Field of study:Biomedical Engineering
Level of studies:second-cycle studies
Mode of study:Full-time studies
Date of commencement of studies:February 2022
Faculty:Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Level of qualification according to the European and national qualifications frameworks:full qualification at the 7th level of the Polish Qualifications Framework
Professional title obtained by the graduate:magister
Learning profile:general academic profile
Number of semesters:
Number of ECTS credits:
- 45 - Field of study: Biomedical Engineering
- 90 - Specialization: Chemistry in Medicine
- 91 - Specialization: Electronics in Medicine
- 91 - Specialization: Medical Physics
- 91 - Specialization: Artificial Intelligence
A long-term industrial and research internship is planned in the form of an optional module with a duration of min. 26 weeks. The internship is based on the Regulations for a long-term research and industrial internship.
It is necessary to obtain at least 91 ECTS points by completing the subjects provided for in the study plan, prepare a master's thesis and obtain positive grades from the tutor and reviewer for this thesis, pass the master's diploma examination within the time limit set by the dean.
Graduate profile and further learning opportunities:
The graduate is prepared to carry out advanced engineering, research and development works and implementations in biomedical engineering, in particular in the field of specialties related to chemistry in medicine, electronics in medicine, medical physics, medical computer science and artificial intelligence. Has knowledge and developed skills to use, design and research new technical systems for medicine, diagnostics, monitoring, rehabilitation, and therapy planning. In terms of specialization, he has the knowledge and skills to:
- design, production, use of modern functional materials in biomedical solutions
- design, construction of intelligent sensors, devices and solutions of the Internet of Things (IoT) technology
- design and analysis of radiation shields for the needs of the radiodiagnostics and radiotherapy laboratory
- design and analysis of new algorithms in the field of artificial intelligence, intelligent software, machine learning models, mobile and web applications and human-system interaction systems.
The system of studies develops and strengthens creativity, the need and the ability to constantly self-educate and responsibility. The acquired knowledge will enable: solving design, organizational, experimental and research tasks, the use of simulation methods, planning and mathematical processing of the results of the experiment, computer software for design or engineering parts and research work. The learning content highlights important ICT application areas promoted by the EU on topics related to health, well-being and supporting an aging society. The acquired technical and economic knowledge will make it possible to manage work teams and production plans. Has a good command of at least one foreign language, allowing free use of foreign literature. He can work effectively in research and development teams.
Person responsible for the study programme:dr hab. inż. Mariusz Kaczmarek
+48 58 34 72678