Information about the course
Field of study:Mathematics
Level of studies:second-cycle studies
Mode of study:Full-time studies
Date of commencement of studies:October 2022
Faculty:Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Level of qualification according to the European and national qualifications frameworks:full qualification at the 7th level of the Polish Qualifications Framework
Professional title obtained by the graduate:Master of Science
Learning profile:general academic profile
Number of semesters:
Number of ECTS credits:
- 33 - Field of study: Mathematics
- 118 - Specialization: Financial Mathematics
- 118 - Specialization: Geometry and Computer Graphics
- 118 - Specialization: Data Analytics
4 weeks (= 120 hours), rules and form in accordance with Regulations of internship at the Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics at GUT
Graduate profile and further learning opportunities:
A graduate with a master's degree in Mathematics:
has extensive general knowledge in the field of applied mathematics and computer science,
has detailed knowledge of nonlinear analysis methods, financial mathematics or bioinformatics,
has the ability to construct and carry out mathematical reasoning, independently formulate and verify mathematical hypotheses and build mathematical models.
can apply his knowledge to problems on the border of mathematics and computer science as well as natural, technical and economic sciences.
This means that he is prepared to work in:
- banks, insurance companies, financial institutions,
- companies from the economic sector and their financial and design departments,
- sectors: bioinformatics, biomedical and biotechnology,
- companies intermediating in the transfer of knowledge from the area of science to the economy,
- research institutes and laboratories,
- secondary education (after obtaining additional pedagogical qualifications).
A graduate of the faculty may fulfill these roles both as a representative of the public and private sectors.
A thorough mathematical preparation of the graduate will allow him to acquire skills in the newly emerging fields of technology relatively easily and to adapt to the rapidly changing trends in the emerging labor markets.
Person responsible for the study programme:dr hab. Zdzisław Dzedzej